Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My last 10 days

I'm back on-line. We took (another) trip...'twas wonderful! This one I prefer to call a vacation. It was longer than our other "holidays" and allowed for a slower place...so slow our feet only hurt (from too much sightseeing) 5 days out of the 9 we've been away! I think my dear, overstudied husband even relaxed for a little while. Now he has two papers to finish...err...do...this week and classes begin again next week. We'll need another vacation in October...oh yeah...we already have one planned!

The more traveling I'm doing, the more confused I'm getting about immigration/passport control/customs in various places. After all the work (and whining) I've done about getting my passport renewed, I traveled in and out of 5 countries (not all part of the EU, either), and my passport was barely opened. So I've decided that I'm going to see how many places I can go before it is stamped.

And customs! I wonder why some places require 5 customs agents to look at you passing through the gate (but not checking anyone), why others have dogs sniffing through the bags, and why in other places there isn't an agent in sight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home