Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Work? During Summer? When it's Hot?

I just got back from a quick errand - it is 36 degrees outside (like I've said before, that's hot in degrees F, or if you really want to know 36*1.8+32, I think). I guess the heatwave that is melting the US has stretched across the Atlantic.

Anyway, I passed by three places of commerce. One, a typically bustling restaurant with lots of patio seating, had 1 person sitting at it. No waiters to be seen. Another, the bakery that was my destination, had a large sign about being closed for their vacation for two weeks. But in between these two was the funniest - next to the sign about closing for vacation, this hobby shop posted another sign - "When it is too warm, we are closed." It was closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home