Sunday, October 05, 2008

Just In Time

I was starting to itch again to get overseas. I was NOT looking forward to the packing and the traveling, but I was ready for how my senses are heightened as I try to figure out new challenges and experiencing something that's not quite so common. So now we are in Moldova, and I'm scratching that itch.

Granted, we've been here enough that things aren't quite as different as they seemed to be the first time we were here. And as the years go on, Moldova is becoming much more Western: big shiny new buildings poking out from behind some of the more historical buildings in the city as well as more and more imports, even Dutch canned food and the German oatmeal I bought from C1000 in the Netherlands. Nevertheless, there is something very stimulating about being here. And it's just in time, because recently the most exciting part of my life was NOT VERY EXCITING. My life in Birmingham is just so...predictable...and normal. I'm going to have to do something about that when I get back.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

hummm...got anybody to help you with that?
-rhetorical question- call me and we'll quickly remedy the situation- after you get back from Moldova and I get back from Vietnam...I can't believe I just typed that...

10/07/2008 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home