Sunday, July 10, 2005

Traveling!

Loyal readers - my apologies for not posting recently. I am currently in Finland for three weeks, at a language and culture institute for descendents of Finns. So, I am now learning my sixth foreign language (fourth in as many months), and my belongings are now in eight places, including four countries! This is a great life!

I typically don't write about my travels, so I won't be commenting too much on my time here. However, three weeks is a long enough time to be able to comment on the lifestyle here to some extent. So I will do that as I find time on the internet kiosks at the institute!

Here's a quick comment to continue discussing life in Moldova. Within 3 days, all foreigners are obligated to register with the local police. We did so the day after arriving in Chisinau. Last week, Dan was visited by the the police! They wanted to make sure we were where we said we were. Thankfully, Ivan was with Dan and could interpret for him. And all was well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finland? Hum . . . not sure how many people in Eastern Europe speak Finnish? But I hope you're having fun.

7/13/2005 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home