Friday, October 07, 2005

Favorite Places

One of the perks of this experience is all the traveling Dan and I have been able to do. We are fortunate to have taken at least one trip every month since I've been here. It's great to think about how much I've learned just by traveling to places like London, the Rhein Valley, and Turkey. I've been able to absorb new facts about history, architecture, culture, and agriculture just by being in so many places and making an effort to understand the place I am in.

There are, of course, some "magical" places and moments that stand out for me. In no particular order, here they are!

Rome...especially at night walking along the Tiber River. Or was it the ice cream that made it so great?



Finland...the bluest skies, clearest lakes, and greenest forests



Keukenhof (Lisse, Netherlands)...TULIPS



Big Ben...wow



Trasylvania in summer...haystacks dotting green hillsides



Dubrovnik...the old town is very intact and the views are breathtaking



Vienna...the area around the cathedral is so European

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home