Thursday, July 20, 2006

Zwanger Moments II

Remeber that the American Couple Needs Friends? Well, I found a way for at least the American Wife to make friends. Here's the recipe:

1. Be zwanger.
2. Send husband off to a foreign country. (Yes, the U.S. is becoming more and more foreign to us.)
3. Pray for the warmest days in 50 years to occur at the same time husband is away.
4. Sit and wait for all the kind, caring Dutch (and some Americans) to call.

Yield: 1 care package of food delivered to my door, 1 invitation to spend the night, 1 job offer to "keep yourself busy", 2 suggestions to "call me if you need anything", 3 dinner invitations and acceptances, 3 offers for rides to church, and 5 (at least) phone calls/Skype chats to check on me.

But, I miss Dan, so he's very welcome to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home