Thursday, June 09, 2005

We've made a friend

At 10:45 p.m. Sunday night we received a knock on the door, the figure Dan observed through the transclucent door was about half his height. Pigtailed 5-year old was paying us a visit. Well, we’ve had several visits since then! Dan makes her laugh with his funny faces. She’s following “up/down” and “in/out” orders quite well. The first few days she was quite quiet. Now, though, she jabbers away in Russian. I either try to repeat what she says or just answer “Da.” I wonder what I’m agreeing to. I’ve probably agreed to fund her college education! Last night she taught us “pomodora malachi” (I’m certain I’m mutilating it) when I took out some tomato sauce. Dan and I would repeat it after her…we had most of dinner cooked before she grew tired of the game. It went on so long, we turned it into a chant! I look forward to tonight’s “word of the day”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home