Saturday, August 06, 2005

Six Months!

On Thursday, I celebrated my 6-months-of-being-overseas-anniversary. I can’t say I took a long time to reflect on it, but I suppose it is a milestone of sorts. My only contact with American soil for six months now was to visit the embassy to get some documents notarized. (By the way, don’t take pictures at the embassy…no matter how excited you are to see a U.S. flag.) I still think that it is wild so many expats spend years overseas with no trips back “home”. But I can see how 6-months can turn into several years rather easily. Dan has already been overseas for nearly a year, with only one trip back over Christmas. Somehow, life just continues on, and we make a home wherever we are. No matter where in the world I am, if I’m there long enough, it becomes home, and home is always somewhat difficult to leave behind. I am fortunate to have so many “homes”!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home