Friday, October 07, 2005

I Will Learn How to Bake

I will learn how to bake. I will learn how to bake.

I could do it in the States, why not in Nederland?

Here's something I just wrote to my mother, describing my most recent chocoloate flop.

The weather is gorgeous today, but I ruined it by grocery shopping. I have been feeling a little more love towards the store since we got back and found out it changed. Then I went today to do "big shopping" with the shopping cart and on foot. Blahk. Yuck. Phooey. I also ruined it by trying to bake (again). (Which ties into the horrible experience at the store-why wouldn't a store have cocoa powder????) Nevermind that I didn't have (because I couldn't find) 4 of the 6 ingredients for the cookies I wanted to make. I decided to "improvise". Now, instead of "no bakes" or "guess whats" (with coconut, oats, chocolate, etc.), I have something that resembles chocolate meatballs and tastes similar to chocolate sawdust.

2 Comments:

Blogger shellbell said...

so sad . . . let me know if you need me to send something your way.

10/07/2005 6:14 PM  
Blogger Grandpa Jim said...

Fry them up in butter....dan will eat 'um!

10/09/2005 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home