Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What The Basement is Good For

We've had...ummm...some trouble with The Basement. More specifically, we've had trouble with flooding in The Basement. Just last week, after living with cement as our flooring since the big flood, we got carpet installed. I prefer carpet over cement. We've had small floods since as well, water gushing in through the vent in the bathroom and up through the shower. Thankfully, the waters haven't reached our living room or bedroom again.

So, you see, The Basement is good for floods, raising stress levels of its occupants, learning Dutch plumbers aren't the neatest breed, and helping its occupants appreciate dry, clean, soft flooring.

The Basement is really good for is keeping zwanger women nice and cool during the hottest July ever (so the newspapers say, but records only go back 300 years...so how do they really know??). I decided this last week, after several people expressed they were worried about how I was taking the heat - and all alone on top of it! Remember that Dutch homes don't have air conditioning, by and large. Little did they know that I was basking in the cool of The Basement, breaking a sweat only at the tail end of the heat wave. But I was also wading in the waters of the Rhine every time I entered my bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home