Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Lights Have Eyes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a car again. LOVE it. You hear? LOVE LOVE it. Freedom!

It took Dan 4 hours to get to and from work one day with public transportation (and in the end, he ended up calling a friend to bring him home, stranded as he was). The Barn isn't quite as convenient as The Basement to public transport, so a car was necessary. And it is possible for us to drive again in Holland due to our stay in the States and the permits coming...for 6 months, at least. We have to bite the bullet and sign up for lessons so we can become licensed here in order to continue driving. Anyway, for now I am LOVING our little 2-door Peugeot, borrowed from a friend.

I suppose I should read up on the Dutch driving laws, including what the speed limits are in certain places. The cars seem to wazz by me on the motorway and I get passed (yes, I know, so embarassing) on the little road running past The Barn, so I figure I'm not speeding. But for now, until we unpack our How to Drive in the Netherlands book, I'm relying on my observations. And here is one observation: the lights have eyes. I wait for mere moments at any given traffic light before it turns green. Saves me lots of $6.30/gallon petrol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home