Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jet Lag

I certainly don't experience jet lag like international business travelers do, but with this life, I do face it more often than I used to. The patterns are interesting - it's harder for me to travel east than it is west; if I travel without sleeping, I have an easier time adjusting (presumably because I get so tired I get dizzy); and a nap the first day doesn't seem to affect me too much.

This time around, I adjusted to the time difference pretty well. Rebecca, on the other hand, still has the best sleep between the middle of the night-ish to noon-ish. But I find it very interesting to see how she is adjusting to the time. Every evening since we returned, she's gotten a second wind around 10 or 11 p.m. (which would be consistent with her 4-5 p.m. second wind in the States). But the time between her second wind and when she gets tired again is getter shorter. Last night I had her sleeping by 12:30! Compared to 4 a.m. on the second night we were back, that's heavenly! It's interesting to see her naturally adjust, just based, I would think, on when it's light and dark. And maybe my milk. And maybe my pleadings with her - "Please, please go to sleep little girl!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home