Monday, August 20, 2007

From an Email I Just Wrote

Thought it was an appropriate update on life in Moldova.

Hot here in Moldova, and the people below us don't like the dripping from our AC unit. (Nothing like Russian-speakers knocking on our door, motioning about dripping water driving them crazy.) The baby is doing really well. Our Romanian language lessons are going well, although I caused a hubbub at McDonald's when I didn't say "inghetata" correctly, and they had to call in a manager to take my order for "ice cream". 7 minutes and 12 lei later I walked out the door with a chocolate sundae instead of the vanilla cone that I really wanted. Otherwise, we are making progress, albeit slowly. Pray for open doors and appointments with the right people and organizations. Somehow we need these next 2 weeks to last about 2 months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home