Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Was Supposed to Be Sleeping By Now

Dan and I have a long, fascinating history of pulling all-nighters the night before a trip. Even before we started traveling abroad a lot, we would be packing into the wee hours of the morning. We leave for Moldova (for any new readers out there, check out my posts from June – August 2005) tomorrow…ummm today…and I was determined it wasn’t going to happen this time. I even counted out 23 vitamins and bagged them in a ziploc last week so I would have one less thing to do today! And then…life happened. We actually made very good progress today. The little girl was excellent, especially when she went walking with our neighbor and her two granddaughters. But then, just as I was turning off my computer, I checked my email. Silly me. The people I work with who live in the U.S. were trying to clear their plates before they left for the weekend, I believe. Normally the 7-hour time difference works in my favor. Not tonight. Now, 2½ hours later, I’m back to that point of shutting down.

Moral of the story: don’t check email when you really need to go to bed. Even if you are going to Moldova and don’t know when you’ll have internet access again. Even if.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home