Monday, August 08, 2005

Bethishian

I realized a few days ago that I no longer speak English. Nor do I speak any other language, except for the newly formed one of Bethishian. Learning four new languages in 6 months, on top of the three others I knew already, has led me to begin speaking Bethishian. Since I am the only one who speaks it, here is a user’s guide to some of the common phrases of Bethishian. I have included the English version of the phrase, and then provided my two preferred choices. The (Bethishian, i.e. not necessary correct) pronunciation and language (if any) are in parentheses.

Hello
Hei (“hay” – Finnish)
Ni hao (“nee how” – Chinese)
Goodbye.
[Cyrillic for pukka] (“puh ka” – Russian)
Zai jian (“zai jeean” – Chinese)
Please
S’il vous plait (“See voo play” – French)
Qing (“Ching” – Chinese)
Thank you.
[Cyrillic for spaseeba] (“Spahseeba” – Russian)
Kiitos (“keetoe-s” – Finnish)
How are you?
Hoe gaat het met je? (Who hot it met ye? – Dutch)
How are you? (“How ar u?” – English)
Here
Iaci (“Ah-eech” – Romanian)
Ici (“eessee” – French)
Yes
Joo (“Yo” – Finnish)
Da (“Dah” – Romanian and Russian)
No
Nee (“Nay” – Dutch)
No (“Noh” – English)
How much (does this cost)?
Duo shao? (“Duoh shao” – Chinese)
Cut costa? (“Cuit cahstah” – Romanian)
What time is it?
Mita kello on? (“meeta kelo own” – Finnish)
Quelle heure est-il? (“kell er ei teel” – French)
Good morning.
[Cyrillic for dobrei jin] (“Doebrei jeen” – Russian)
Goede morgen (“Ghooteh morghen” – Dutch)
God is good.
God is goede (“Hote is hoot” – Dutch)
God is good (“God is good” – English)
I am Beth.
Ik ben Beth (“Ick ben Beth” – Dutch)
Je m’appelle Beth (“Juh muh pell Beth” – French)
I speak Bethishian.
Mina puhuun Bethishia. (“Meena poohoon Bethisheeah” – Finnish)
I speak Bethishian. (“I speek Bethisheean” – English)

1 Comments:

Blogger shellbell said...

Well German is pretty close:
Ich bin Beth (for you)

8/08/2005 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home