Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Speeding Ticket?!?!

Now, how...how did I manage this one? I haven't driven a car for more than 1500 kilometers in 6 months. And even that was only for a 4-day period of time. And that was in Apri!!

But I've managed to earn myself my first speeding ticket...ever. No, it's not for riding too fast on my bike. It is from that 4-day footloose and fancy free ride to Friesland and back with Dan and my Dad. A camera, I presume, caught me (now I know why all my Dutch friends say those cameras should be banned). I don't even know when or how it happened, and it looks like I nearly evaded this one...it took 3 months for the ticket to find me! Yet even now, they haven't found me...the ticket is in Dan's name, even though he never drove. Poor guy.

P.S. Dad, you were part of this. I expect 15 Euros in the mail on Saturday to cover your third.

2 Comments:

Blogger shellbell said...

Just because you've never been caught before doesn't mean you're not a speeder. There are cameras going up around the Chicago area too. Big brother is watching everywhere. And besides . . . would Dan even speed?

8/18/2005 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well,well.....I'll get this comment in the right place sooner or later. Just ignore the one with the grocery store entry. Anyway, it seems like I started to tell you to slow down about 13 years ago! Everyone's luck runs out eventually!
I'll try to save up enough money over the next few months to help with the costs! What is a Euro again? Is one Euro about 25 cents?

8/20/2005 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home