Thursday, November 03, 2005

Clues It Is Raining

The sound of rain drops on the roof above me make me think about Dan, who is done with class right now and still has a 15-minute bike ride home.

I SMS him a message - "It's raining." Hoping it will make him smile - it's quite obvious that it is. And the building closes shortly after his class ends, so he doesn't have the opportunity to wait out the downpour.

I wait for him to get home. (I admit, I'm glad it's not me outside right now. Good reason not to fix my flat tire?)

He steps slowly, slowly up the stairs. This isn't a good sign.

30+ stairs later - the poor man.

His jeans are now two-toned. Dark blue (and wet) in front; light blue (and dry) in back. His water-resistant windbreaker is dripping. The cats scatter from his feet after the first drops. His shoes are heavy - water-logged. His glasses are spattered with rain drops. His hands wet and cold.

His white socks have been dyed blue from his shoes. The windbreaker isn't waterproof. His orange and blue button-down shirt is nearly as wet as the jacket. His white t-shirt is nearly as wet, and now it is orange.

Yep, it is raining.

2 Comments:

Blogger shellbell said...

minus the comments about the new color of his articles of clothing this almost sounds like the opening of a honor movie -- especially part about hearing him slowly climb the 30+ stairs.

11/04/2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger Grandpa Jim said...

Shoudda called a cab!

11/05/2005 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home