Thursday, October 20, 2005

Road Trip

Yesterday, Dan and I were in four countries, and we followed road signs in 3 different languages: Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands. Driving through Belgium was funny - a billboard in the south would be written in French; in the north, the billboard would have the same picture and message, but it is written in Dutch.

For a reason why taking the train makes sense for environmental reasons and for your pocketbook, here is our gas bill. We were nearly empty when we filled up - remember, 3.7852 liters = 1 gallon and US$1.2 = 1 Euro!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Tassava said...

Holy mackerel! By my calculations, that's $78! I'll stop complaining about my $30 fillups.

10/21/2005 5:46 AM  
Blogger shellbell said...

Welcome to Europs???? I was hoping for a picture of the castle.

10/22/2005 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home