Saturday, September 30, 2006

But...

So I'm all excited that more and more TV shows are showing up on-line as downloads. I have a nice little routine of sitting down with my lunch, loading up the playlist from a site like msn.com and watching anything from serious news to recently released music videos. And now with the new fall TV shows airing, networks like ABC are adding more and more downloads.

I settled down tonight to watch at least one of these downloads, giddy at the thought of a REAL TV show (no TV exists in The Basement). Instead of download options popping up on my screen, though, I got a message that says, "Downloads not available outside of the U.S."

But...what if I'm a product of the U.S.? What if my computer was bought in the U.S.? And, by the way, what if I don't like the fact that you know where I am located?

Well, anyway...proxy server here I come...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great review! I saw TBP live in Minneapolis a few years ago, and they rocked. As a medium-sized jazz fan, I have to say that I love the blog, too. Well done.

10/01/2006 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that's not the comment I meant to leave! Blogger apparently can't handle two comment windows open to two different blogs. What I meant to say is that this sounds like the silliest thing ever, though I've run into the same thing trying to watch highlights on Eurosport - you can't watch from the US. The way around it is to use bitorrent sites, where you can find lots of stuff for download, regardless of location.

10/01/2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home