Thursday, September 07, 2006

End of Bicycling Near?

I have just over a month left of zwangerschap, if the baby comes when predicted. I have been so VERY fortunate to be able to continue riding my bike - it's actually easier for me than walking, thanks to this body o' mine. However, after two lengthy bike rides the past two days, I can't help but wonder when my bike riding days are going to be over.

Yet, it is not for the reasons you may think:
- Dan so lovingly carries my bike up and down the stairs between the storage area and the street, so I don't have to worry about lifting the monster.
- Breathing is possible, either with mouth gaping wide because I'm too lazy to sit up straight or quite normally if I just practice excellent posture.
- My belly sometimes hits the handlebars getting on and off the bike, but that's not a big problem. My legs bump my belly with each turn of the pedals, but I'm still rather small, so it's not a big concern either.
- In thanks to my small-ish belly, my center of gravity isn't too far off, either, so I'm not worried about taking any spills.

No, you see, I think this will be why I stop riding my bike:
I'm getting awfully worried our correctly-positioned-for-birth Little One will be born with an imprint of my bicycle seat on its head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grandpa Jim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/10/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Grandpa Jim said...

Opps, I referenced gender in the previous comment. Lets start all over again if I may.

Soon you will zooming down the bike paths with LO in LO's baby seat. Later LO will be riding LO's bike hooked to your bike and it won't be long when LO rides alone! High Ho LO Rides!

9/10/2006 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that, more or less. I few months out of the sadle will do you good, and then you can hop back on - with a seat or trailer behind. Say, did you hear that bicycling is really big in the Netherlands?

9/16/2006 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home