Friday, November 23, 2007

The Thanksgiving That Was

I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving in America since 2003. I guess that's not a really long time, but it's long enough. We had a variety of other things to do yesterday, and our day began at 5 a.m. in order to be at an appointment in Utrecht that began at 7:30 a.m. I guess the appointment schedulers didn't consider the fact that in America, it was Thanksgiving.

I realized what a weird day it had been when I was making our Thanksgiving dinner from lentils and rice. Then I realized it was an even stranger day when we went grocery shopping, and I bought tulips.

Who's coming for turkey and all the fixin's next year? I'm hosting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't guarantee we'll be in Alabama on Thanksgiving, but if so, all 5 of us will be there with bells on!!

11/24/2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Grandpa Jim said...

I'll be around!

11/27/2007 2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We close tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

11/28/2007 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home