Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ties

We got a blue envelope in the mail today. All you Dutchies know what those blue envelopes mean - the belastingdienst. I think it is funny that it is 2009 and just now the Dutch tax department is clearing their records from 2006. And I'm a little annoyed that one of last active links we have to the Netherlands is a tax bill that we already paid.

This week, I was folding Rebecca's outgrown clothes, organizing many of them in sizes 68, 74, and 80 rather than 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months. I smiled as I thought about how cute she was in each little outfit. And I'm so happy that she has fun little Dutch outfits to wear even now.

Tickets to Amsterdam this week are half of what they were last month (but who's watching?). I realize that is still $750 more than I should pay for a trip. But part of me would love to buy a ticket and take off for Schiphol, catch a train and knock on the door of some dearly missed friends, show up personally at the Belastingdienst to clear up any other bills that may haunt us in future years, and maybe even shop at Hema for some size 92 little girl clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home