Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mooo-ving

I like life away from the Randstad. There are a whole lot more open spaces, complete with cows, horses, and sheep (and their babies!). My camera has been getting a workout trying to capture to the perfect lamb picture – but that’s another story.

What I don’t like is the househunting experience outside of the Randstad. It took a temporary move closer to where we’ll work in order to have the opportunity to look, then it took A LOT of patience and searching for the options to come forth. I suppose it has a lot to do with our circumstances – we rely on public transport and our finances are somewhat limited. Please, dollar, get stronger…please……

With one week to go in our temporary home, we had one very bad option. In that last week, however, we had 7 options AND an extension to our temporary situation. God’s provision is something to experience!

We did pick one of those options – not the nicest one, but the wisest choice. Hopefully, we’ll be here till the end of the year. I’m liking the view of the Rhine from the front, the horses and cows grazing the banks of the river, the elaborate garden in the back (that I don’t have to weed!), the old church steeple peeking through the trees to our left, and the short walk to almost anything I need.

And the best part – high-speed internet in only a few more days!! Watch out Expatriate-izing readers and Skype contacts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Tassava said...

The new place sounds idyllic - arachnids notwithcrawling. I appreciate the link to the info on the Randstad - I love learning the lingo!

5/16/2006 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home