Tuesday, November 21, 2006

November is Here

Thanksgiving is this week, but I've barely thought about it. For as long as I am in The Netherlands, I think my November will be marked not by turkey and cranberries, but by oliebollen, stamppot, and Sinter Klaas.

I've blogged plenty about oliebollen. O, oliebollen, how I love thee.

Regarding stamppot, I'm growing fonder of it each winter. We aren't making it ourselves, but we do buy the premade ones at the grocery store. Zuurkool stamppot is my favorite so far...just mix sauerkraut with mashed potatoes, add a sausage and there you have it!









And finally, Sinter Klaas...Santa celebrates quite differently in Holland than in America. OK, I prefer Santa to Sinter Klaas, but I AM American. Nevertheless, the celebration is very creative and fun for everybody. It starts with the arrival of Sinter Klaas, which Dan witnessed last Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home