Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Almost Perfect Walk

The sun was out on Saturday, and Rebecca and I embarked on a nearly perfect walk around Rhenen. It was one of those times that was quintessential Europe. The quiet, cobbled, narrow streets. The old buildings in the bright sun. The sheep and cows grazing in the pastures. The lone man in a beret walking to the market. The couples riding their bikes along the dike, and the men fishing along the riverbank.























I enjoyed myself a lot, weaving along the streets and paths, getting closer and closer to the river. I admired the church tower and blue sky in the background. Then I walked along the old city wall, admiring the tower again along the way.











The was only almost perfect, though...  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home