Sunday, May 27, 2007

Catching Up

I got tagged earlier this month, when my blogging time was non-existent. So now here are 7 random things about me. In the spirit of the blog, they are expat-related.

1. Summer in the The Netherlands reminds me of summer in the U.P., where I grew up. Riding bicycles, buying pop at the neighborhood stores, or on the farm watching the cows cool off in the pond.
2. I created a list of things for people to bring when they come here, or for us to use when we are in the States. It’s very handy and helps ensure we don’t run out of mustard or chocolate chips.
3. This life has its ups and downs. I’m not sure if we’re up or down right now, but I sure am glad I have my faith to cling to. God isn’t up or down…he’s always there.
4. On Mother’s Day, we went to the pannekoekhuis for pancakes. I’m still tasting the delicious one I got: beef, bell peppers, leeks, cheese, and ham. These ain’t no American pancakes.
5. I’ve had three silver round frames for almost 5 years now, I even brought them across the ocean, and I am finally putting pictures in them. Just had to wait for the right subject: Rebecca!
6. We just bought a car that we like very much. It has more than 235,000 kilometers on it, no air-conditioning, and no radio, but it’s been called luxurious and beautiful. I like the Dutch standard of not having standards when it comes to such things.
7. Another recently acquired possession is from Germany and is something I’ve been waiting to find for 2+ years. A broom. A real, long-handled, long-bristled broom. Thank goodness Germans know how to sweep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home