Monday, December 04, 2006

My Apologies

Mr. Kruik, I’m so sorry. I underestimated your worthiness. Please forgive me. You are a splendid piece of baby equipment. Although you are heavy (do they make kruikjes?), you have so many wonderful qualities:
You keep Rebecca warm when we are outside.
You keep Rebecca warm when we are inside.
You warm up Rebecca’s bed so she doesn’t cry when we put her in it.
You warm up Rebecca’s clothes so she doesn’t cry when we put them on her.
You warm up Mommy’s hands so Rebecca doesn’t cry when she touches her.
You warm up Mommy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've gone native! Next thing, you'll be dressing the baby in entirely orange outfits and refusing to talk to the Belgians.

12/05/2006 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I borrow a Kruiken(something)? It is downright frosty over here!

12/05/2006 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahhaha Beth, you're funny! I had the same thoughts about the Kruik. Such a funny primitive thing to use in such a developed country ;-)
I guess they miss grandma too. I find the kruik has a hint of something sentimental (spelllliiing!) ;-)

(((hug)))
Monique

12/05/2006 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home