Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Overuse of “Je”

I gave y’all a lesson on the diminutive awhile back. And since LO has been with us, I’ve gotten a lesson for myself. For small babies, there are two VERY common words using the "je". I think the old (very cute and very nice but I didn’t understand 75% of what she said and I’m sure she walked away from the conversation thinking, “That weird couple, I wonder why they only gave me one word answers.”) lady must have used the following 2 words 4 times each as she admired Rebecca while we shopped in the produce section of the grocery store.

Babytje (spelling unknown; pronunciation “baby-tyuh”) – I mean, really, do we need to say “baby-ie”?
Klientje (spelling unknown; pronunciation “kline-tyuh”) – I mean, really, do we need say “small-ie”?

I wonder when Rebecca will stop being a “babytje” or a “klientje”. 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home