Friday, June 01, 2007

If Only The Netherlands Were Closer

My friend’s father died last week. He was my chauffeur throughout high school, giving my friend and me rides to school every morning. He scared the living daylights out of me one Halloween as I walked up the front steps by popping out the door wearing a gruesome mask. He took us ice fishing and made us popcorn during our sleepovers. He raised two outstanding daughters and was enjoying being a grandfather.

My heart hurts for my friend. I wish I could be there for her and her family like she and her family were there for me in high school. It’s one of those times when I wish the Atlantic Ocean wasn’t quite so big.

1 Comments:

Blogger monART said...

Ah Beth, sorry to read about the loss. You do have great memories to treasure though.
(((hug)))
Monique

6/01/2007 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home